The Third Workshop on Programming for Mobile and Touch (PROMOTO 2015) will be held at SPLASH 2015. Today, mobile devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, etc.) are the main target platforms for developers. To support the new challenges, traditional programming languages are not enough anymore and new ones are emerging to enable programmers (and even end-users) to develop software taking advantage of the most recent hardware capabilities. Since the first edition in 2013, PROMOTO has brought together researchers interested in exploring new programming paradigms and embracing the new technologies in the area of touch-enabled mobile devices. Apart from paper presentations, there will be ample time at PROMOTO to discuss the issues surrounding touch and mobile programming and to plan future directions.
Please visit the workshop webpage (http://www.promoto2015.org) for more details.
Tue 27 Oct
|09:00 - 09:30|
|09:30 - 10:30|
|11:00 - 11:30|
|11:30 - 12:00|
|13:30 - 14:30|
|14:30 - 15:00|
|15:00 - 15:30|
Call for Papers
We would like to invite contributions covering technical aspects of multi-platform development, mobile-cloud computing, social applications, and security. Topics of interest include:
- Mobile and touch-oriented programming languages
- Programming languages using innovative input mechanisms
- Programming environments on or for mobile devices
- Teaching of programming on or for mobile devices
- Programming tools such as debuggers on or for mobile devices
- Libraries and programming frameworks that simplify programming for mobile devices
- Very large screens and very small screens
- Gestures, haptics and sound
We accept two types of contributions:
- Research papers up to eight pages that describe original work in the area of mobile and touch development.
- Short papers or tool demos of up to four pages of emerging ideas, research in progress, and in-practice experience.